Monday, August 13, 2007

Home Sick!

I remember the day when i got my VISA(Student) ,was so relieved to clear all my hurdles to enter US and start a new career. I thought my life would change , will be filled up with excitement. I knew i would miss my home , coz i haven't been out of my home for study/work purpose in my life. But this was overshadowed by purpose of studying in US.

I left to Los Angeles from Bangalore on July 31st , it was raining as if rain Gods where shedding tears as though they were sad i was leaving Bangalore!.When I was leaving home , I got a weird feeling , as if am going to miss a lot. I couldn't stop shedding a tear seeing my family with whom lived. So , i left India with sadness , but worst was yet to come. I reached LA on August 1st evening , went to an apartment which we(roomies from India) had reserved from B'lore. There were 3-4 people already in that place for temporary accommodation. So , I was well received by Gururja (was living there from last year).I was very tired , and slept till around 9 PM , had dinner prepared by inmates in apartment. But couldn't sleep after 4 in the morning. So , I woke up and called up home from calling card which i bought it from airport. My grandmother took the call i said about me reaching safe and all. She couldn't stop breaking down on phone , i felt really bad at that time. Having less balance , had to cut the call short. But sickness had set in now.

I kept on thinking about home all the nite , and finally woke up around 8:30 in morning. having no one to talk , started watching TV. Slowly one by one inmates in that apartment woke up and were busy with themselves like taking bath , preparing their own breakfast etc. May at this point , my home sickness shot up , i felt there is no one to think about me which i was quite used to. I felt really bad and was thinking how will i manage this change. After all inmates left , I was all alone in living room, being idle all thoughts started to pop up my head.I hate to admit , but shed tears. Now i really knew what exactly home sickness meant.


Now ,after 12 days I landed in US , I still have home sickness. I feel have spent a month now , it was that difficult to spend time here. I wonder , what is the point in leaving everything in India and come to have a sad life here.Virtually there is no social life here.I even thought of going back home. My friends who are hear from sometime now , say that's a common feeling , u will get used to after some time.I must say , feeling that i currently have now , is really awful. You will know the value of family and friends and most importantly you will miss comfort level that you had in home country. People coming over must be prepared to face this fact.

Initially i thought it should be easy to overcome homesickness , but am still struggling to be over it. When u r involved in some work , u will not feel homesick but if you remember something memorable about home , its hard to overcome the sadness of things that u miss.Hopefully , will be over once I start my MS program in full swing.

6 comments:

Santosh said...

rain Gods where shedding tears as though they were sad!!?? maga they were ananda bhashpa, tears of happiness
Keep blogging!!

vijukul said...

cheer up sudhi.. salpa divsa bejar aagatte.. but u'll be fine once the classes start..
LA nallidiya.. have loads of fun..
chill and enjoy..

Viju

Unknown said...

good one maga...

Sudhindra Aithal said...

thanks maga..

Swetha said...

hehe ..looks like this was written long back but the freshness of it is still visible :-p

Sudhindra Aithal said...

Wonder what freshness means. Yes , it has been exactly one year now. This post reminds me how it was when I came here.